Gorodok history village
To the west of Rivne on the wide nadustyanska plain the sight of a stranger draws multi-quarter village. Gorodok Outskirts of the village settled long ago.It is believed that before the foundation of Gorodok there was a settlement located on the right bank of Ustya river named Clement. It was completely destroyed by Tataro-Mongols. His memory keeps tract. Town first mentioned in historical documents in 1443. It was a period of Lithuanian sovereignty in Volyn. The name of the village has several definitions – “small fortress house”, “fence”, “stone wall”, “village with fortified fence”, “bulk settlement”, “ditched soil plots suitable for placement of towns and villages”. Document in 1443 confirm that the Grand Duke of Lithuania Svydryhajlo owns the local church. Since 1463 Gorodok was in property of Sultan and in 12 years – his brother Semen V. Nesvyyazhskoho. In 1477 he presents a part of his property, including Town,his nephew Michael. Since 1482 – the village is owned by Princess Mary Rivnenska. In the second half of the XV century Gorodok has three more owners, and in 1517 Holshanska princess gives it to Kiev Lavra. Since that time began to work the orthodox monastery. The serpantine bed of Ustya river divides the village into two parts that washes a small island in the middle of the river. The central street of the village is named after Baron Shteynchel, who made an invaluable contribution to the development of the village.